In lesson 9 of our introduction to apple motion learn the basics of working with 3d layers, Reflections, working in 3D space, intro to lighting, cameras, View controls, and special Camera behaviors.
I’d like to start with a special Note-
Even though we are working in a 3D space, we are not working with true 3D object layers. true 3d Object layers, has depth and geometry while 2D layers in a 3D environment do not. If you are looking for 3D objects in Motion- currently you are limited to using 3D text layers in 5.2 or above or using a third party plugin like mObject.
Grab the Lesson files here: AV ULTRA Apple Motion training Lesson 9
Working with 3D layers can open up lots of possibilities when it comes to creating compelling motion graphics. In lesson 9 of my Free APPLE Motion introductory class- we will cover the following topics:
- Review of what we will be making- 0:12
- Start of lesson- 0:22
- 3D and 2D layers in Apple Motion- 0:45
- Changing layer groups into 3D- 1:57
- Changing Z space position of layers- 2:24
- Adding a point light to our 3D scene- 2:42
- Adding a Camera object layer- 3:29
- Camera controls and views- 3:42
- Rotating layer groups in 3D space- 5:14
- Arranging layers in XYZ space- 5:36
- Using Dropzones in 3D space- 6:00
- The 3D gizmo tool- 6:14
- Using the multi-view pane- 7:08
- Adding a floor and setting reflections- 8:00
- Adjusting reflection properties- 8:53
- Setting your Camera view using the Camera control tools- 9:41
- Using multiple lights in a scene- 10:24
- Isolated view of layers- 11:13
- Using keyframes for camera movement- 11:42
- Camera Behaviors- 12:40
- Using the Dolly Behavior- 12:58
- Using the Framing Behavior- 13:46
- Adjusting the Framing Behavior- 14:30
- Setting near and Far Fades in your Camera layer- 15:37
- Using the Camera Sweep Behavior- 16:09
- Adjusting the Sweet Behavior- 16:44
- Fine tuning our Composition and wrap up- 17:00
In our next lesson, Lesson 10- we will taking a look at render settings and Export settings.
Specifically, how to use our render settings to review and work and how to export for alpha channels.
I have a small giveaway in the next lesson as well so be sure to subscribe and come back for the next one.