In our Apple Motion Intermediate training course we take a deeper dive into keyframe interpolation, filters and effects. We will explore the use of masking in our compositions, as well as look at extended use of behaviors. Furthermore we will use emitters and replicators to add depth to our projects. Lastly we will explore the world of 3d compositions in Motion including light layers and cameras.
After this introductory training session, participants should understand most of the features Motion has to often in terms of compositing and motion graphics. Additionally students should understand how 3D layer groups function, as well as cameras and light layers.
After this introductory training session, participants should understand most of the features Motion has to often in terms of compositing and motion graphics. Additionally students should understand how 3D layer groups function, as well as cameras.
- Introduction to Filters and the keyframe editor
- Using Masks in Apple Motion
- The keyframe Editor
- Extended Behaviors
- Particle emitters
- Using audio in Apple Motion
- Introduction to 3D in Apple Motion
- Review of previous lesson
- 3D in Apple Motion
- Understanding lights in Apple Motion
- Creating shadows
- Understanding reflections in Apple Motion
- Using Cameras in Apple Motion
- Using Camera behaviors in Apple Motion
- Understanding Depth of Field in Apple Motion
- Advanced Exports
- Using Compressor with Apple Motion*
- 3D particle systems
Click to download a detailed course outline-
CLASS OUTLINE PDF
Who this class is for:
This class is geared towards those that have completed the Apple Motion Foundation class, as well as professionals who may have used other visual effects software previously and understand the basics of compositing.
Duration of class:
12 total hours of training delivered in two 6-hour sessions across two consecutive days with breaks every hour and a half. One hour lunch break. This class includes examples, as well as exercises for the student to complete.
– Completion of the Apple Motion Foundation training is strongly recommended.
A background in video production is recommended, however it is not required. – Apple Motion, along with the remainder of the Final Cut Studio is Mac OSX exclusive. General familiarity with Mac is required for class participation. If you have any questions about your suitability for class please contact us.